Wine: The Southern Ardèche is characterized by its many varieties, red and white, mainly Sirah, Gamay, Merlot, Cabernet, Chardonnay, Viognier …, by its AOC (Vivarais Coast …), but its pink and gray for the summer, The Ardèche is also famous for its great wines:
The Ardèche is also famous for its great wines: Cornas, St Joseph and nearby New Castle Gigondas and the Pope.
Several circuits growers throughout southern Ardèche.
- Chestnut chestnuts Ardèche Queen. “
- Pastries made with chestnut;
- Candied chestnuts; Imbert, Sabaton, Faugier
- Charcuterie: Sausages, sausages, gossips
- Goat cheeses including the famous picodon.
And its famous mineral waters, Vals, Ventadour, queen of basalt …
- 1 star Michelin restaurants:
- Le Vivarais (Hotel Helvie) in Vals Les Bains
- Likoké in Les Vans
- Le Carré d’Artois in Charmes
- Villa Tartary and Coloquintes Pont Aubenas
- The factory , la Montagne and Lo Podello to Antraigues
- The Helvie in Vals les Bains
- Hostel Montfleury (quoted on the Michelin guide)
- The Coyote, The Bakehouse, The Salon of Ann-Sophie , La note des saveurs Aubenas
- and of course all the little restaurants, country inns, country pubs. www.bistrodepays.com